Saturday, December 1, 2012

Success Story #254

A story brought to us by a member of Northeastshooters.com:

Let me start by saying my family has no idea I'm into firearms. Instead of worrying them with my hobby/lifestyle, I kept it to myself. Thanksgiving my sister came up from MD to visit and I floated the idea by her to go shooting and expected her response to be indifferent at best. Nope, she got a big KoolAid smile and was IN. Her only concern was whether the range was indoors or out.

I ran through the safety rules, demonstrated how my P22 works and got her comfortable with the manual of arms. Then I broke out the S&W 15-22 and her reaction was along the lines of "Woah, that looks scary". I assured her it was no more dangerous than the pistol, fired exactly the same ammunition.


Fast forward to the range. I can't describe how excited she was. It was all I could do to get the target up and show her which way to load the magazine. She was ready to go...



First was the P22. Next up was the AR 15-22. She was a little apprehensive about the recoil, but after the first shot she was loving it. Here she is making a Bad-Ass-Mofo with her first paper plate...



By the time we left she had a stack of targets to show off to her friends and she was psyched.

I told her by next year I'll have a real AR she can shoot. Oh happy days.


No comments:

Post a Comment