Thursday, December 20, 2012

Participated in my First Competition Last Night...

And boy did I do awful! It was like everything I knew about guns and shooting instantly went out of my head. Truly amazing the effect pressure has on the mind! But, you know what? I had a BLAST (pun totally intended)!!

I had been nervous to participate in any kind of competition, but this was the best thing I could have done. It taught me a lot about what it would be like to use my gun in a high pressure situation. My dad has always told me that I should not carry concealed until I have had the opportunity to compete, and - though I hate to admit it - he was totally right. The notion of carrying concealed is one thing, but using your concealed weapon effectively in a bad situation is a whole other animal.

I also got to meet some great people, a woman who was taking shooting back up for the first time in 20 years and she did great and was an awesome woman! There was another lady there, who I unfoturnately didn't get to meet.. but that was it - just 3 lovely femmes! Let's get out there ladies!

If you're interested in carrying concealed, please consider coming to one of these events.

The matches are held 1 Wednesday per month at Hopkinton Sportsmens Association, you DON'T need to be a member - it's open to the public and it's only $3 per round and you can sign up for as many rounds as you want. If you win, you get $6 - big stakes here [wink, wink]!

I hope to hear from some of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment